Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

How We Met

Oh I have all the heart eyes for this post! My man is my absolute FAVORITE
He's incredibly intelligent, so kind, has an ENORMOUS heart, would do anything for me, and loves me with all of his being. How wonderful is that? I love him more than I will ever be able to say in words. I could literally go on forever about him. So here's the story about how I met my best friend, and my husband :)

I was heading off to college, and needed a new phone. I had Sprint, but where I was going to college was a bit in the middle of nowhere, and sprint had no service there! SO.. after much deciding about what the best carrier was, my mom and I headed into Verizon on June 21 around 1pm in the afternoon. 

And that's when I met him. 

I had no idea he would be mine forever. I knew he was ADORABLE. And I thought he was so attractive. But there was no way he was going to be interested in me. I was just a girl who walked in with her mom (by the way, my mom takes all credit of us meeting), wearing an orange tank top, denim shorts, and flip flops, no makeup done, hair a crazy mess from being in braids the night before. That was all he knew of me!

We were greeted at the door by the manager (he was doing check ins). He put our number down to be called when the next salesman opened up. How perfect that God made it so that my husband was the next salesman? 

He called us over and introduced himself. He was so calm about everything. (Still is to this day!). We introduced ourselves and told him exactly what we needed. I wanted a gold iPhone 5s with 2 GB of data on a 2 year contract. Easy enough. He put in all  of our info, and had the phone set up within about 10 minutes. We had only been making small talk up to this point. Then he said, " Alright, you're all set to go. Just make sure to transfer your things from your old iPhone over to this new one". 

Whoa. What? I am not technology savvy! I had no idea how to do this. I had just gotten my new computer for school, and literally hadn't even taken it out of the box yet. I told him the situation, and he said, " No problem. I'll be here until we close tonight. Just bring in both phones and your computer and I'll help you switch it". Keep in mind, he gets no more commission out of me by helping me with my computer. But he was nice enough to do it. 

I headed back into the store on that same Saturday, after church that night, around 6pm. He immediately recognized me and called me back to a bench along the back wall of the store. We sat there for...

2 HOURS. 

And it was the best 2 hours ever. We talked about everything under the sun. I knew he was something special. I don't say things like that lightly. I knew he belonged somewhere in my life. 

So we exchanged numbers and I texted him that night. He took 4 hours to respond. Um excuse me??? I still make fun of him for that to this day ;) He says he was just getting me back because when I left from our 2 hour session of phone switching, I left 15 minutes before his shift ended and he got stuck with a non american speaking customer coming in and holding him after hours lol. 

We talked and he said he would love to get together. We looked at our schedules and decided that the following Thursday would be perfect. Keep in mind, this is still Saturday. Sunday, I woke up, went to church, and then realized, my new phone was not working. I headed into his work and he fixed me up with a new phone. On Monday, he was about to go to lunch and asked if I would meet him at the Panera Bread next to his work. Of course I said yes (completely smitten with him, but not wanting to admit it). I showed up, and we had lunch together for his 30 minutes. I loved those 30 minutes of nervous talking and laughing. I walked with him back to his store after lunch (we were only 2 doors down), and when he walked back in, his coworker said "why didn't you kiss her? She was beautiful!". 


We literally have never spent a day apart after that day. June 21st. 

He took care of me during my extensive 6 hour mouth surgery (this happened 2 weeks after we met, I could not speak for 2 weeks, I couldn't eat or drink anything, I was on so many pain pills I couldn't see straight, and I lost 30 pounds. This was serious). But he did it without ANY complaints and cuddled me the whole time. 

He's taken care of me through this horrible time of my mama passing. 

He's taken care of me since the day we met. 

Through the good days and the bad.  (I must say, I feel everyday has been good with him.) He has taken care of me.

He is my best friend. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my forever with him, taking care of him and loving him with all that I have. 

THANK YOU GOD. For giving me the most amazing husband. I have no doubt that when you made him, you were making him for me. 


Since that day, we have moved to 4 different states, and had the most incredible adventures together. What an amazing man I have! 

I love you, babe!

I hope you ladies enjoyed this little (rather BIG) glimpse into my life. This, to date, has been one of the most important days of my life. 

Here's some pictures of us during our adventures! Have fun looking through our little album!
(First pic we ever took. Going line dancing at the Grizzly Rose in Denver. I was home every weekend from school, and he was up at school with me any time we could be because we missed each other so much.)


(Second pic we ever took. Lol, in true fashion)


(At the Denver zoo, looking at the penguins with Mr. P.)


(Our first fish, Ariel)

(Going line dancing at The Cowboy in Wyoming while I was up at school)


(Going to Mellow Mushroom Pizza for lunch on our Aquarium date in Denver. Love that face)

(After the aquarium. We pet stingrays!)

(Love this man!)


(Out to dinner at Fogo de Chao. He surprised me with this one!)


(In downtown Denver)


(Our first race we've ever run together. 5k Race for the Cure in Denver 2014, my mom also walked this race. We did it for her!)

(After the race. I think we ran it in 28:00 mins. We were just running for fun :)


(After line dancing at the Cowboy. Had to go get a paper printed for school and thought this rock was a great pic spot)

(Our first pic ever in Hawai'i together. Hiking Manoa Falls)


(Hiking Manoa Falls with his parents. So fun! They came to visit us for Christmas in 2014)

(Hiking Diamond Head with his parents. Beautiful spot. You can see all of the southern coast of O'ahu, from Leeward to Windward side. We did this hike all the time!)

(Celebrating our 7 month anniversary, I believe. We went to Duke's Waikiki and got a free slice of Hula Pie. Win!)

(We went to the Marriott for Valentine's Day in 2015. This was only like a 10 minute drive from our house. But it was so fun. We spent one night. I later started working at the Disney Aulani Resort and Spa that was right next door as a Youth Activities Counselor. Best job EVER! This is in Ko Olina)



(Out to lunch/dinner at our place. The cheesecake factory! This was in Waikiki. It's so fun to walk around down there)

(First time at the KCC Farmer's Market. We loved going to these in Hawai'i)

(At Waimea Falls. Beautiful place. We always took our out of town guests to this place. And yes. We did swim under that waterfall and kiss ;) 



(Spending time on the Mokes islands. We kayaked out here. It was kinda rough waves, so we paddled behind a tour group who was also kayaking out there and followed them in. On the way back we flipped the kayak in the water, and got pretty scratched up. Then I got seasick and my babe had to paddle the rest of the way. What a day! Lol. These are by Kailua)

(Hiking the Koko Head Crater Trail. Don't be fooled. This is not a trail. This is upwards of about 1,000 steps going STRAIGHT up. So, needless to say, because I am afraid of heights, we turned around halfway before getting to the most dangerous part of the hike. Good thing we did, because I started to have an asthma attack on the way down as well. My babe took care of me though!)

(Just a little selfie before heading out for a day at the beach. This was in front of our front door in Hawai'i. We headed over to the lagoons in Ko Olina, which was our favorite place ever. Also where I worked at Disney! We went swimming and wading in the water for the whole day. Then we went and got Shave Ice across the street in Ko Olina. The water is seriously like bath water)

(One of our last pics in Hawai'i. Technically not in Hawai'i. It was in Seattle on our layover to fly into Portland. But it was while we were moving!)


(At the Pearl Izumi Outlet store in Woodburn, Oregon. My babe loves this place!)


(At the Nike Outlet Store in Woodburn, Oregon. My babes is gonna work for Nike one day. We'll get there! This was one of our first days in Oregon, and we went exploring here because we saw it on the way to our town that we were moving to from the airport and decided to hit it up the next day!)

(Spent a day at the Haystack Rock in Oregon. We facetimed my mama right before taking this pic so that she could see it's beauty. And I'm so glad we did. )


(At my Mama's memorial with my brother-in law and the flowers that his parents sent us.)

(At the Portland Rose Test Garden. Read about it on Google. It's so interesting, really! There's such a cute little neighborhood up there, and it would be our dream to buy one of those houses up there and live next to this gorgeous rose garden!)

(Still at the rose garden, but can't refuse a selfie with my lovebug!)

(My man, after the rose garden, we went out to Portland City Grill. Honestly, it was the WORST food I've ever tasted. But we got a window seat and the view was spectacular. Especially at night. And especially when I get to look at this guy for the rest of forever)


Share with me below where you met your other half! I'd love to hear :)


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...